Friday, June 17, 2011

Film Share 2

So I got around to playing with my second roll of film, Kodak Portra 400. I am still so-so about the pictures. The low quality scans from Walgreens aren't helping but I want to get my exposure down before I spend more money on better scanning. The pictures in print look really good, however. I was satisfied with these but not too, too happy. I can see where I still need a LOT of work... getting exposure right. Hopefully when I get an external light meter that will improve my exposure, right now I have just been relying on the in-camera meter and that is not really recommended. I have a roll of Fuji Velvia 50 left so I'll play with that before I order some more film. I want to go to Downtown to photograph some buildings with the next roll so we'll see how that works out for me. For now, here are the pictures from my second roll of FILM:







This one is one of my FAVORITES!!:



This one too. Joe is SUCH a good model:



My Mille:



That's it for now (even though the roll was 36 exposures... I won't bore you with all that LOL). (Disclaimer: there was light editing on some of these... like SUPER light, mostly removing some grain, but I still wanted to point that out. The one of Joe and the first one of Mena did have a little more work done, I might post the SOOC in another post for comparison.) Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. Love these, Mayra! Your favorite of Mena is my favorite of the bunch. I'm excited by you learning film. I can't wait to see your growth =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, love these! what a great challenge for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Love the look of film!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I am so impressed by the exposure on these without an external light meter. I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are playing around with film, I just love the way it looks! Great job and these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you're trying out film! I love the look of it...and I totally didn't know you could edit film. I apparently have a lot to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are fantastic! it's weird to think you have to wait to see your results, you know? it wasn't THAT long ago it was the only way we took pictures, but it seems like a lifetime ago. anyway, very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING these shots;)) SO Super cool..
    I have a perfect pixel aisle photo challenge going on if you are interested ;)) It's for the pic caption of "Playground".. Would LOVE for you to participate if you can ;)) here's the link just incase.. TY
    http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/06/perfect-pixel-aisle-series-iii.html ..OFFICIALLY FOLLOWING YA ;))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing these!! Amazing how different film looks compared to digital.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete