Friday, June 17, 2011

Film share 1

I bought a film SLR camera last week (a Nikon F100) and it came in the mail yesterday. I was soo excited to try it out and to make sure it even worked since I bought it used. It was in "E+" condition per Adorama. It arrived perfectly, with the manual, all caps, plastic bags and everything. The only thing I needed to buy was some film. I still need to buy a strap for it too since it didn't come with one.

It uses all my current lenses and even auto focuses with them all since the motor is built in!! That's awesome! I also got some Kodak Portra 400 and Fuji Film Velvia 50 (the numbers are the ISO) in 36 exposures just to play around with different brands of professional film. I was too eager to see if it even worked so I also bought some Kodak 400 film at the store in 12 exposure and that film was more expensive than the 36 exp!!! guess I'll stick to the "good kind" from now on :P. I got the film developed developed at Walgreens and their film scanner is definitely not the best so the images on the CD were pretty small and they look super grainy. I also got prints and they don't look this bad in print.

Anyway, here are the pictures. No editing on these. They are no where near perfect but this is my first time shooting manual mode on film. I need a lot more practice.

I love the bright blue sky. Aren't the colors just gorgeous! Manual Mode, Matrix metering, 1/800, f/8. Kodak Ultra Max ISO 400:



I swear they're not this grainy in print!! Manual mode, matrix metering, 1/320, f/8, Kodak Ultra Max ISO 400:



P-mode, 1/400, f/10, ISO 400:



Manual Mode, 1/200, f/8 ISO 400:





Manual Mode, 1/1000, f/8 ISO 400:



Thanks for reading! More film shares to come as I play more with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment