Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Eye Macros

Today on SPN we were discussing extreme macro close-ups of the human eye. After some Googling (yes, that's a word now ;-) ) we figured out there were a few different ways to achieve the look. I don't own a macro lens so I used the 24-70mm f/2.8 with the 50mm f/1.8 held up backwards to it. I can't take credit for this trick because I read that people on several different websites and forums have done it this way before (that's where I got the idea). I'm pretty happy with the results. The first one is Carlos' eye, the second one is mine.



Exif data per Flickr:

Camera Nikon D700
Exposure 0.011 sec (1/90)
Aperture f/11.0
Focal Length 70 mm
ISO Speed 800
Exposure Bias +2/3 EV

Thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Mayra, cool shots, I missed this trick on SPN! Must try it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I took some last night too!

    ReplyDelete