Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

I wanted to get some pretty shots of the Christmas tree lights so I played around a little bit and this is what I got:



I was pretty proud of this shot until Carlos told me it looked soft. I admitted it wasn't the sharpest picture around but I was handholding (using the floor for support) with a 1 second exposure (Nikon D700 and 28mm f/2.8, 1 second exposure, f/8, ISO 200). I should have used the tripod but I couldn't figure out how to turn the head to tilt sideways for a vertical shot. Of course Mr. One-upper Carlos (I still love you though :P) had to "show me how it's done" and took a picture himself without a tripod (he set the camera on the floor, used the timer and pressed the shutter). This is what HE got:



um... yeah... okay it's better than mine :P (oh and btw, I'll be using different watermarks to distinguish his pictures from mine. I used to use his watermark stamp but as I've started taking more pictures on my own I had to make my own watermark to distinguish who took what when I upload them to flickr. We use the same flickr account and it was getting too confusing to my sisters who look at the pictures to tell who took what :) ).

Not to leave out the D40 I played around with it yesterday and took this shot:



The image quality is not as outstanding as the D700 but I think it's still a pretty decent camera.

If you want to read how the kids reacted to the Christmas tree, Lookie here. :)

1 comment: