Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dec. Posting Day 5: Shaped Bokeh FAIL

Several ladies on a message board that I am a part of have been posting their beautiful tries at shaped bokeh using Christmas lights. I tried it several years ago and it was a fail then but I figured I'd try again since I am much more knowledgable with my camera than I was when I first tried. Step one... test out getting "regular" bokeh. SUCCESS:



Step two... cut out a heart shape ('cause that's all I can cut manually :P) and try to cover the lens to where no light seeps in. Um.. yeah.. so I guess I didn't try all THAT hard; it was a big fail. It didn't help that a little miss woke up in the middle of my experiment. This is what I ended up with:



I'll have to try again another day... because I'm having trouble even posting my results. My girl is being a cry baby right behind me. She needs special attention, after all, sleeping beauty just woke up ;-)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment