Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dec. Posting Day 7: Playing with High ISOs

I LOVE the high ISO capabilities of the D700... it's just amazing! I can't imagine what the performance on a D3 would be like... I'm sure I wouldn't be able to stop drooling ;-).

Anyway, I took these the other day in the living room. It was super dark except for the glow of the TV and the lights shining off the Christmas tree. I set the camera to 6400 ISO and snapped a picture:



Um... yeah... I missed my focus point. The D700 is pretty good at chosing the focus point for you so I usually leave it on that setting (I forget what it's called) and focus recompose or toggle whenever I feel it necessary. I tried a few different times to get it to focus on her but it kept wanting to focus on the tree so I switched it to single point focus and chose the point myself:



That's what I wanted to see :) My little girly eating a "paleta" and watching TV. She had just woken up so she was a little cranky. These are both SOOC and I am just so amazed at how little noise/grain there is in these pictures, both taken at 6400 ISO.

I really like how they look SOOC but I did a simple edit one anyway:



Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. wow this is amazing! Cute shot of your little girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great work Mayra you are the best!

    ReplyDelete