Friday, September 3, 2010

Landscapes and Roads

It's late. Really late. I should already be asleep but I was busy editing the latest set of pictures. Lately I've been really obsessed with taking pictures from the car of the roads and the landscapes. The beautiful sunsets have not been helping with my obsession. Everyday there is a such beautiful array of colors in the sky that I just can't help myself. These are pretty close to the straight out of camera shots and I just love the mood that they exude. I tried playing around with different actions but I just really loved how they looked so (for the most part) I left them how they were... no matter how cool that Totally Rad SX-70 action looked on the picture of the powerlines. ::sigh:: I hope you enjoy these as much as I did taking and editing them. :)

I love when there is no traffic on the way home. It was very relaxing.

Light traffic

I just love how fake this one looks... kind of like a drawing or a painting maybe? It was a little underexposed straight out of camera to the point where I lost some detail in the blacks but I still love the effect of the motion blur on the road.

More Sky/Road

I was just trying to get a picture of the sky and when I saw this one I really loved how I captured the big powerline tower (or whatever you call those things). For this one I used MCP's Magical Color Finder Brush action to bring out some of the colors in the sky. The blues looked really amazing afterwards. :)Oh and I might have cloned out a car or two... can you tell ;)

Power Lines

This was while waiting at the red light before getting to McDonald's. I guess you can say there is nothing really special about it but for me, just looking at it makes me feel so peaceful. I was listening to some good music and I had the A/C nice and cold... I could have taken a nap right then and there lol!

Rail Road Crossing

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment: